EPOS Support TechLOCATION: Sanford, NC
JOB TYPE: Full Time
OPENING DATE: 2017/01/16
CLOSING DATE: 2017/01/16
JOB TITLE EPOS Support Tech
COMPANY: Circle K Stores Inc.
DEPARTMENT: IT-Shared Services
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Betty Hall
LOCATION: Sanford, NC
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Yes
NOTICE NUMBER: EST-KIN113
OPENING DATE: January 13, 2017
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Provides first level support for customers by diagnosing and resolving incidents, or escalating incidents to the Help Desk Specialist II level. Assists Help Desk and technical support partners with customer status communication and by producing examples and details of the problems or incidents. The Help Desk Specialist interacts daily with customers, customer management, all levels of Help Desk employees and Circle K support employees and management to resolve incidents. The Analyst may also interact with outside vendor employees. Performs all duties in accordance with Circle K policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
· High School Degree or GED required, along with certification in computer technology or equivalent combination of formal education and experience-based learning.
· Familiarity with Help Desk functions, process and procedures, and quality of service measurement, including problem tracking, ACD (Automatic Call Distribution) systems, and other Help Desk tools.
· Understanding and familiarity with business and technical environments at Circle K or similar retail business.
· Strong Analytical troubleshooting and PC skills.
· Previous POS (Point of Sale register) experience preferred.
· Ability to interpret documents, technical and operating instructions and procedure manuals.
· Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills, verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills, customer service and interpersonal skills and customer focus.
· Physical Demands: Work requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, and use of keyboard/computer.
· Work requires occasional bending, reaching and lifting/moving up to 35 pounds. Work is subject to significant telephone contact with employees and can be stressful.
· Working Conditions: Normal office environment with little or no exposure to adverse working conditions. Work may occasionally include long hours, weekends, and holidays.
- Receives phone calls and emails requesting technical support assistance from Circle K store employees
- Provides initial incident support to Circle K employees with a goal of resolving a high percentage of calls on first contact.
- Uses the knowledge management system properly in order to efficiently resolve incidents on first contact
- Accurately enters incident tickets in the problem tracking system, for all incidents reported by customers
- For incidents that the he or she can resolve, accurately updates and closes the corresponding call (incident) ticket.
- If he or she cannot resolve the incident during the initial contact, transfers the call to a Help Desk Specialist II, and properly assigns the corresponding call (incident) ticket.
- Authors and submits new knowledge candidates where appropriate.
- Understands and follows all current support processes and procedures, recommends process and procedure enhancements where appropriate and necessary.
- Provides status updates to customers as requested for all open incidents, assists in the pro-active status communication as dictated by incident priority.
- Responsible for closing incident tickets upon resolution by Circle K support groups.
- Participates in assigned training designed to help the Analyst progress through the various Analyst levels
PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR SUPERVISOR OF YOUR INTENT TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION BY OBTAINING THEIR SIGNATURE ON THE INTERNAL POSTING APPLICATION FORM. SEND COMPLETED FORM & RESUME TO: