IT Senior Manager, MexicoLOCATION: Mexico City, DF, Mexico
JOB TYPE: Full-time
OPENING DATE: 2016/06/08
CLOSING DATE: 2016/12/31
JOB TITLE: IT Senior Manager, Mexico
COMPANY: Circle K Shared Services DEPARTMENT: IT
REPORTS TO: Vice-President, Information Systems & Technology FSLA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Mexico City, DF, Mexico
POSITION NO.: ITMGR-Mex115
OPENING DATE: 11/05/2015
CLOSING DATE: 11/27/2015
The IT Senior Manager, Mexico is an exciting opportunity to help build a new wholesale business from the ground up as Mexico deregulates its petroleum industry. The IT Senior Manager’s role is to identify, implement, and streamline IT solutions with our Joint Venture partner that align with the business objectives of the organization. This individual will assist in planning, coordinating, directing and designing IT-related activities, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT associates within their group. The IT Senior Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Develop and Plan the IT Change Agenda
· Work closely with business and other IT leaders to understand needs, opportunities, and priorities
· Evaluate opportunities for implementation in the new business
· Assist in developing a roadmap of future capabilities (with application upgrades and/or new systems)
· Lead or assist in the investigation and planning for new projects
· Evaluate options to address business capability needs
· Ensure there is good communication and common alignment for the change agenda
Manage the delivery of Projects
· Directly or indirectly manage individuals and teams for assigned projects
· Ensure effective coordination occurs with the IT teams that provide shared services
· Coordinate closely with the business project teams
Develop a strong team
· Assist in attracting and retaining a talented, capable team
· Build strategic skills within the team
· Coach, counsel and mentor assigned associates on their performance
· Plan and manage team capacity through effective resource planning and tracking
Manage the production systems
· Ensure the company has reliable and available production systems
· Provide team coverage for daily production support
· Apply solid incident management and problem management processes
Provide effective customer service
· Ensure there is an effective level of regular communications between the teams
· Provide responsive support for needs and issues
Build business customer confidence
Manage our vendor partners
· Establish effective working relationships with the right individuals at our vendors
· Ensure that we receive the appropriate talent and attention on our projects
· Ensure that we are efficient in our investments with our vendors
· Influence vendor software and new capability roadmaps
- Bachelor’s Degree in an information technology and/or management field, and/or 3-5 years equivalent management and work experience
- Knowledge of service, hardware, and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- 3-5 years successful leadership of an information technology team.
- Proven experience in overseeing the implementation and support of retail systems.
- Proven experience with managing vendors.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Knowledge of Retail Systems and Point of Sales systems is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Ability to conduct research into application issues and products.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Spanish language (speaking) helpful
Job duties may change with or without notice
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE COMPLETE THE ATTACHED INTERNAL POSTING FORM AND SEND RESUME WITH JOB POSTING NOTICE NUMBER TO: