Manager, TrainingLOCATION: Cary, NC
JOB TYPE: Full Time
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
OPENING DATE: 2016/12/13
CLOSING DATE: 2016/12/13
JOB TITLE: Manager, Training
COMPANY: Circle K Stores Inc.
DEPARTMENT: South Atlantic Division – Human Resources
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Director
LOCATION: Cary, NC
NOTICE NO: TM-SHIF1212
OPENING DATE: 12/12/2016
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
This position partners with Human Resources and the functional Division leadership team to implement evaluate, and maintain the field training curriculum to support functional business processes, roles, and tasks. The Training Manager utilizes a consistent process to manage internal and external expectations and deliver cost effective products and services for Circle K associates with a primary focus on store operations.
1. Develop, implement, schedules and monitor training programs within the Division.
2. Supports the Division with project rollouts such as POS upgrades and other Division and Circle K Initiatives.
3. Create testing, reporting and evaluation processes.
4. Provide the division with classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
5. Conducts root cause analyses of performance deficits, employee turnover, and related trends. Identifies, recommends, develops, and implements programs, processes, and interventions to support business objectives.
6. Ensures compliance with requirements, policies and regulations by enforcing adherence to corporate systems, policies and governmental laws and regulations; advising management on needed actions.
7. Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices.
8. Performs other job-related duties and projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
· Retail experience, especially at the store level is strongly preferred
· Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning and instructional design principles
· Excellent planning and organizing skills, especially in prioritizing multiple projects.
· Strong management and execution skills, excellent written and verbal platform presentation skills.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system & Microsoft Office applications required; experience with technological delivery platforms and learning management systems desired.
· Must exhibit enthusiasm and desire to advance self and others personally and professionally.
· Physical Demands: Work requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, and use of keyboard/computer. Work requires occasional bending, reaching and lifting/moving up to 50 pounds. Work is subject to tight deadlines and interruptions can be stressful.
· Will require some travel.
Human Resources Director
Circle K Stores, Inc.
305 Gregson Drive
Cary, NC 27526