Market ManagerLOCATION: Denver, CO
JOB TYPE: Full Time
OPENING DATE: 2016/12/22
CLOSING DATE: 2016/12/22
JOB TITLE: Market Manager
COMPANY: Circle K Stores Inc. – Southwest Business Unit
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Retail Operations Director
LOCATION: Denver, Colorado
NOTICE NUMBER: SW-16-1222
OPENING DATE: 12/22/2016
CLOSING DATE: 01/06/2017
This position is responsible for the overall management and direct operation of a group of approximately ten to fifteen sites. Additional responsibilities include achievement of financial results, effective team leadership including staffing/recruiting, scheduling, coaching and counseling, store image and marketing execution.
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· Requires a minimum of 3-5 years of retail management experience.
· Must have demonstrated leadership ability, good communication skills, be self-directed, self-motivated and customer service oriented.
· Experience to perform the essential duties and responsibilities and working in the conditions described below.
· Ability to supervise and train Store Managers (SM) in use of store equipment, tools and materials.
· Ability to supervise and manage the functions listed in the Store Manager job descriptions.
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
· A current valid driver’s license is required to operate a company vehicle.
· Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in English.
· Pizza or quick service restaurant experience is a plus.
· Maximizes store sales by directing and assisting Store Manager with merchandising programs, providing information and recapping promotional activities.
· Manages controllable costs including merchandise/cash variations, salaries, overtime, cash, repair and maintenance.
· Achieves financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
· Ensures vendors meet expectations by evaluation performance and developing partnerships.
· Ensures compliance with requirements by enforcing adherence to policies and procedures, and governmental regulations; advises management of needed actions.
· Provides leadership and direction to store managers, including assistance in recruiting, selection, and orientation processes, assists with employee development and training programs.
· Maintains a safe and secure working environment through the enforcement of safety practices, providing information and training.
· Implements non-discriminatory related management skills while hiring, training, counseling, motivating and separating employees.
· Performs multiple tasks in fast paced and detail oriented environment.
· Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
· Actively participates in the recruitment of Store Managers and monitors training as needed and required.
· Inventory controls, levels, turns and theft investigations.
· Ensures execution of all security, mystery shop, age restricted sales, in-stock, health and safety programs.
· Develops, manages and assigns tasks to Store Managers appropriately to ensure the site is clean, adequately stocked, organized and customer ready based on Company standards.
· Maintain a professional and supportive image among subordinates and supervisors.
· Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Job duties may change with or without advance notice.
Please send your resume and approved internal job application to:
Human Resource Manager
1199 S. Beltline Rd.
Coppell, TX. 75019
Circle K Stores Inc.
1199 S. Beltline Road
Coppell, TX 75019