Marketing DirectorLOCATION: Tampa, FL
JOB TYPE: Full-time
OPENING DATE: 2016/06/09
CLOSING DATE: 2016/12/31
JOB TITLE: Marketing Director
COMPANY: Circle K Stores, Inc.
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations - Florida Business Unit
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Tampa, FL
OPENING DATE: 04/11/2016
CLOSING DATE: 04/22/2016
Manages the Marketing Department in a decentralized Business Unit; responsibilities include the implementation and innovation of financial services and the management of all Category Managers. Increases gross profit by selecting suppliers, evaluating new products/services, negotiating pricing; planning marketing strategies. Supervises the marketing staff, which implements the store marketing plans. Responsible for all Sales, Profit Goals, and Division Business Plans. The Director of Marketing supports the company goals by focusing on personal accountability, customer service and work efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Expand brand presence in each market by developing an annual marketing plan.
· Improves results of under-performing assets by developing imaginative and complex methods, procedures, products, systems and/or innovative programs.
· Analyzes financial results; recommends promotions and category changes to meet/exceed established goals.
· Anticipates and reacts to competitive activity within each market by reviewing, analyzing, and providing recommendations.
· Ensures implementation of marketing plans and initiatives by communicating with Retail Operations Directors and Market Managers.
· Maximizes marketing and profit opportunities by visiting local markets to identify and implement best practices throughout the Business Unit and shares results company-wide.
· Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Allocates program costs by preparing operational and risk reports for analyses.
· Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, and orienting employees. Maintains staff job results by training coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraising job results.
· Increases professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reading professional publications; establishing personal networks; or participating in professional societies.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing Financial and Key Result Area targets pursuant to Company plan guidelines.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred. Other combinations of job related experience and education that meet the minimum requirements might be substituted.
· Five years of experience or more preferred in convenience store merchandising, operations, or related retail industry; including minimum of three years of management responsibility.
· Experience with MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word preferred.
· Travel required
· Valid driver’s license required.
Job duties may change with or without notice.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE COMPLETE THE INTERNAL POSTING FORM AND SEND RESUME TO:
HR Director, Southeast